The Dogs

The Dogs
Bosque, Brink, Tundra, River, Rival

Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Patrick's Day



It's been awhile since I posted last. St. Patrick's Day is my favorite holiday, not because I'm Irish, but probably because green is my favorite color, I love Ireland, and luckily I'm with someone who is very Irish. Luckily I have the day off and I've been thinking about posting for awhile, but kept putting it off.

The year hasn't been great so far. While I do have a job again, I've still been forced to make a lot of changes. First, I gave up Starbucks, which really wasn't that hard. Now, I'm giving up agility. This is extremely hard. I think I knew this was coming, but I tried to be hopeful that things would turn around. For the past 10 years my life has revolved around agility. I really became a veterinarian because of agility. I hope to return to the great sport someday. I still plan on getting my canine rehabilitation certification and possibly pursuing board certification. I hope that it will get me out of the state of New Mexico. I really wish I was writing about how great agility was going. How Brink is just taking the agility world by storm, but it just wasn't meant to be. Needless to say, I won't be trying out for world team this year.

Today is Rival's birthday. He got a birthday bagel and we practiced some running dogwalks. I'm very happy with his dogwalk and we were able to progress to tight turning into a tunnel. He has one more trial to show it off. Maybe he will finally get that last Standard leg for his AAD.

In more positive news, I have registered for an Ironman 70.3, so I need to get my a$$ in gear and start training. I'm planning on at least 3 triathlons before the Ironman as well. I did finish my first half-marathon in February-it was exhilarating. I hope to do the same one again next year, but my goal would be to finish around the 2 hour mark. I just have to get motivated to start training again.

I promise to post more often and stay positive!

4 comments:

  1. Why do you have to give up agiliy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't afford it any more. I ate through my savings and working on production in the country hasn't helped the situation. So, I've got to build the funds back up. This weekend is the first local trial I'm not entered, but I'm going to do massages and consults.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand but you will be back eventually I hope.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We'll miss you and your fine dogs at agility - but I totally respect you for following your BIG dreams! We need good vets, and good rehab vets (consider moving to Utah or better yet western Colorado - we need someone here!)! And your physical pursuits - all I can say is WOW! Best of luck thru it all, and we'll see ya when ya come back! Diane

    ReplyDelete