The Dogs

The Dogs
Bosque, Brink, Tundra, River, Rival

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Nobody Said It Was Easy




What a difference a day makes. The past two weeks, my work schedule has not given me two days off in a row. By some chance, I ended up with Saturday and Sunday off this week. Just knowing I have tomorrow free made it so much easier to do things today.

I did start the day very anxious, knowing I was going to a local agility trial to do canine massages and knowing I would get all the questions about why aren't you showing this weekend? I actually ended up having a really good time. I did 6 dog massages and talked to lots of people about what I was doing with my career. It's always nice to just take the time and relax and really connect with the dogs.

When I got home I was actually energized enough to work both Rival and Brink outside. I haven't worked both dogs at home in probably months. Both dogs were great. I'm also working on teaching the boys to wave. Bosque and the girls all can wave great, so now the boys have to learn. Plus it's great shoulder and biceps exercise. Tomorrow, I need to exercise myself :) I'm thinking a short run with Brink would be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment