The Dogs

The Dogs
Bosque, Brink, Tundra, River, Rival

Friday, March 25, 2011

Crisis of Faith

It's time to get this out there. I'm having a lot of doubts lately. When I went to college, I planned on being in the medical field-specifically a emergency doctor. Freshman year was difficult and things changed and suddenly I was major in Economics and European Studies. What would one do with that kind of degree? My thought was international business, specifically museum management. Then graduation neared and I didn't know what to do. Swimming ended in March and within a week I had a puppy. Someone said you should be a veterinarian and I thought okay-why not. I turned down a Master's program at Columbia to continue taking classes at UNM and try to get into vet school. When I think about this, I wonder what would have happened...
What if I had gone to New York. I realize I'm not as good at agility as I thought and I spend a lot of money on it. If I hadn't decided to go to vet school, would I have ever started competing or would I be traveling the world.
Right now, not much makes me happy. I ran in DAM team today with Rival and Brink-Brink had no good moments, Rival was off his head in Gamblers, did a great Snooker and Standard, and then didn't want to run in either Jumpers or Relay. Overall, I almost left crying...again. Luckily Rival's team still managed to Q and my friends joy over it helped me. I'm glad I'm taking a break from agility, but that leaves work and home and lots of time for thinking. Did I make the right decision? I guess I'll never know...

2 comments:

  1. I'm writing my same crisis blog post :(

    I wish I had some big words of wisdom that made everything feel better for you. And I wish you were here so we could go have a margarita!

    Miss you and just keep in mind, this too shall pass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Naomi! I always love to hear from you.

    P.S. Chris got into UC Boulder, Oregon, and UNM-he has to decide by mid-April.

    ReplyDelete