The Dogs

The Dogs
Bosque, Brink, Tundra, River, Rival

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Decisions


So Chris has decided to attend the University of Colorado, Boulder for his Masters in Speech Hearing Pathology. The program starts August 1st, yes this August as in less than 3.5 months from now. So, the question is how to we get ourselves up there? At this point I think my best plan is to start looking for work with hopefully a starting date in mid September. This hopefully would give me the break needed to do my Ironman 70.3 in Galway and hopefully get to spend at least a week in Ireland. I also will be done with my rehab course by then, so again hopefully I would be able to get a job just doing canine rehab and pain management. My biggest decision is do I somehow make it work that I can come back to Albuquerque once a month to work? I didn't want to get attached to my job, but now I feel like I do have an attachment to some clients and I also have been building my massage business. I'll have to look at all the logistics for this and see what can be done...

On the training side, I did 5 massages at the ASCA trial on Sunday. I try to use the massages to get my hands on as many dogs as possible. Every dog teaches me something new and adds to my skill set and usually makes the dog feel good as well :) I spent about an hour or so working with my horse, Quid. I was very proud of her. We did only ground work, but I was able to start putting my weight in the stirrup of the English saddle. She's only ever been worked with a Western Saddle before, so the goal is to be riding her English by the summer. I don't know much about horse training, but Quid is a great teacher. Monday was a day off from any training(very bad allergies). Today, I got in a 3 mile run with brink and a 20 minute conditioning session. Tomorrow I need to get in a long bike ride. Thursday will be another hike with the dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment