The Dogs

The Dogs
Bosque, Brink, Tundra, River, Rival

Monday, October 25, 2010

"It's only half past the point of no return..."

Tundra is retired. I didn't realize I would have such mixed emotions with depression topping the list. I know she has no idea she's retired and will never think, "I wonder why I don't get to go compete at agility trials anymore?" But for me it is so hard. I truly believe I am doing the right thing. She is only ten, but I don't want to run her into the ground, I don't want to cause an injury, I don't want to push her until she hates it. Tundra has done many great things and I need to reflect on that and remember that, along with how much she has taught me. She is my first agility dog and my heart dog. She's a triple champion-twice over in USDAA and ASCA. She has given me so much of herself...

1 comment:

  1. Tundra is one of the most inspiring agility dogs I've ever watched - so much passion! Nothing wrong with giving her a class or two every now and then :) It's really awesome you're watching out for her overall well-being. And keep working towards your goals. You'll get there and the journey will be fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete